Religious Education is a non-exam subject offered to each student at Colaíste Dun an Rí. Students study a number of different cultures and world religions, such as Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism, as well as exploring beliefs outside the major world religions. This subject aims to contribute to the spiritual and moral development of the student.
Why study Religious Education?
- To learn about major world religions – their culture and practice
- To understand and grow in appreciation for the variety of religious traditions in Ireland and globally, helping you can make a positive contribution to global citizenship
- To understand how different communities of faith organise themselves
- To explore the different religious and non-religious ways of trying to understand the world
- To understand how religious beliefs shape some ideas and laws.